Monday, January 24, 2011

a bright spot in a rainy day

It's done nothing but rain here in southwestern BC for what seems like days on end.  I thought posting a few reminders of spring might help lift my spirits......
Some bright spots on my back patio.

An American Goldfinch at one of our feeders.  Isn't he just the most beautiful little spot of yellow.  I would certainly be attracted to him if I was a goldfinch girl.....

 A California lilac looking it's best...

 One of my favorite flowers is the peony.  They make wonderful cut flowers for tablescapes.


Foxgloves are so English country garden, don't you think?

I feel so blessed to live an area where plants thrive and we don't have droughts.  I shouldn't really complain about the rain so much as that's what makes the flowers so lovely.

Thanks for joining me today. Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment