Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Well it's been ages and ages since I posted anything so here goes.  
This is a birdhouse that I built 10 years ago and put up right on the edge of our patio. 
Every year sparrows have nested there, usually hatching 2 or 3 broods throughout the summer.  The parents are quite shy and really disapprove of us sitting there watching them.  Both parents generally take turns feeding the babies and are very discreet about it.  








A mouthful of yucky bugs.

What a cute face!!

Beautiful markings...

One of my Calla lilies.

Clematis 'Duchess of Edinborough'


Hummie that hit our front window.

I love my special swing!!!

My head feels a bit better now....maybe I should have a drink.

We love to sit on our patio and watch all the birds.  We have Goldfinches, Annas Hummingbirds, Sparrows, Juncos, Chickadees and so many more.  Even eagles, hawks and owls out in the field adjacent to our property.  We are so blessed to live in an area with such diversity of wildlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment