Thursday, January 12, 2012

my newest obsession...



I talk with the moon, said the owl
While she lingers over my tree
I talk with the moon, said the owl
And the night belongs to me....


My latest obsession is.....owls.  They were everywhere this past Christmas season.  Owl ornaments, owl pillows, owl artwork, owl jewelry only to name a few.  My husband started collecting them over 25 years ago but only kept about 5 or 6 of the original ones he had.  They were banned to our upstairs bookcase for many years but I never had the heart to ask him to let any of them go.  Well, this fall to his surprise they all migrated down to our dining room table for a visit.....  A few more were purchased over Halloween.  They then took up residence on my kitchen island for an enchanting owl Christmas and seemed to multiply daily.  Even our Christmas tree had a few owls perched in its branches.  

This little guy or gal? was heard one evening out in our front yard recently.  I'm not sure what variety he is but he sure is darn cute!


What a privilege it was to hear his soft hooting and then to be able to get close enough to take some pictures.


More on my other owls on another post.  Cheers, Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment